Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Essential Oils I Must Have!!!!


Essential Oils I Must Have!!!!



 
 Rosemary Oil
I use Rosemary Oil extensively in my homemade shampoos, hair butters, conditioner for locs and ACV rinses.  It helps to stimulate hair growth and remove dandruff.  But the down side is you must avoid using Rosemary Oil if you are pregnant, breastfeeding and on children under 8 years old.






Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree Oil can be used just like the Rosemary Oil but I use it as a hair clarifier.  It's known as an anti fungal agent that treats yeast and fungus that grows on the scalp which is dandruff.  I used it to treat mildew in my locs which happened when I went to sleep with wet locs.  The mildew is gone but I continue to use it to make sure it does not come back.  The down side is that you must not use it extensively because Tea Oil can dry out your locs.









Peppermint Oil
I use Peppermint Oil in my shampoos, hot oil treatments, hair butters and in water to make a daily spritz.  Peppermint oil works as an astringent and it conditions the hair.  It cools and refreshes your scalp while it leaves your hair smelling great.  The oil also fights dandruff, treat itchy scalp and promote hair growth but it must be diluted before use.




Lavender Oil
Lavender oil helps to soothe an irritated scalp and stimulate the hair follicles for growth.  I use this oil in my shampoos, homemade conditioner for locs and my hot oil treatments.  This oil smells great and every time I use it in my hot oil treatments it gives me a calming feeling.



Ylang Ylang Oil
Ylang Ylang oil smells so great!!!!  I use this in my homemade conditioner for locs and shampoos.  This oil stimulates hair growth and it is a natural conditioner.
Thanks you reading:)
Diva Desert Locs

WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL OILS YOU MUST HAVE?????




 

No comments:

Post a Comment