Monday, January 8, 2018

Hair Shaming!!!!

When I hear someone make or post a comment (via Facebook) like

"I understand the natural hair thing but comb your hair."  

I'm like...No you don't and you sound stupid....lol

This hairstyle was achieved without combing my hair.  Yes these are Locs!!!:))

Another hairstyle that was achieved without combing my hair. I used my fingers to detangle my hair then I braided my hair while it was wet.  The next day I took out my braids and this is how I rocked my natural uncombed hair...

Here is another comment I see all the time

 "I'm natural but I don't understand that hairstyle"

I'm like you are not suppose to because it's not your hair...duh..

Just because you are natural that does not give you the right to judge someone for rocking their natural hair a different way. My braid out or locs will not look like everybody else with natural hair for couple of reasons.

  • My texture is different
  • The density of my hair is different
  • The length of my hair is different
  • My hair color is different


I'm so tired of people saying negative things about other people who choose to wear their hair natural. So this is what I have to say to them:


  • Stop hair shaming!!!
  • If body shaming is wrong then so is hair shaming!!!
  • If racism is wrong then so is hair shaming!!!
  • If bullying is wrong then so is hair shaming!!!
  • If sex discrimination is wrong then so is hair shaming!!!
  • If age discrimination is wrong then so is hair shaming!!!


Hair shaming is wrong point blank period...So stop it!!!!


Well guys that's all I have for my first blog in 2018...lol


Yes I was annoyed but now I'm over it...lol


Thank you everyone for reading my blog.  Stay happy, natural and healthy:)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment