Friday, October 26, 2012

Tropical Root Locking Gel Review


I'm a loc wearer who has been using Tropical Roots Locking Gel to re-twist my roots for the past two months.  I normally make my own products because it's so hard to find the right products for my naturally curly course hair. So when this product was gift to me I decided to try it and share my experience with you:)))


By Diva Desert Locs


The cost for this product is $4.49 for 6 fl oz and it's designed to maintain braids, locks and twist.  This gel can be found at your local beauty supply store and Sally's.

The front of the label advises the following:
  • New with Pineapple and Guava
  • Starts and maintains braids, locks, and twists.
  • Promotes healthy growth
  • No build up
  • Lasting hold with no flaking
  • Filled with natural ingredients
  • No dyes or artificial colors
  • For all natural hair styles
On the back of the label it advises the following:

With powerful essential energizing vitamins that strengthen hair and fight hair loss.
Tropical Roots Locking gel contains natural tropical ingredients to begin and maintain healthy lightweight braids, locks and twists keeping the hair frizz free with a natural luster.  Tropical Roots is filled with stimulating agents that promote growth.  Unlike other locking products Tropical Roots doesn't have any dyes or artificial colors.  The reddish color comes from a powerful hair vitamin that is also a brain nutrient.

The directions as listed on the label are:

To begin or maintain locks/twists apply Tropical Roots Locking Gel to damp unlocked hair.  Use a comb, fingertips  or the palm rolling technique to twist new growth clockwise.  Use clips to hold twists and section in place.  Next, sit under dryer until twist are completely dry.  Proceed to use Tropical Roots Growth oil on scalp and twist for longer lasting styles, manageability, moisture, luster and to promote hair growth.

I used the gel slightly different than the instructions and still got great results. While my hair was damp I applied the gel to my roots and palm rolled each loc. I used the no clips technique to keep the locs from unraveling and I let my hair air dry. 

The gel smells wonderful, it's very clear and it rinses off easily with water which is a plus for loc wearers like myself. When I tested it on my fingers I noticed that it felt moist and when it dries it does not have a sticky feeling.

The gel did exactly what it stated it would do, it gave the roots of my locs a nice hold with no build up or flakes.  As far as hair growth my hair has been growing at a nice pace before I started using this product.  So for me I can not say my hair has grown more but I can say it will not cause your hair to break off or come out.  The hold that this gel provides is great and it does it without leaving your hair hard and crunchy.

Overall I think this product is very good and I will buy it on my own when this one runs out.  Out of  5 hearts I will give it a 4.

Check out my before picture below.  My roots are really thick and in great need of a re-twist:

Now check out my video on how it looked after I used the gel:



That's all I have for you today everyone thanks for your continued support and for reading my blog:)

Remember to stay healthy, natural and happy!!!

Thank you,
Diva Desert Locs


No comments:

Post a Comment